The Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration) is an evidence-based course that helps promote critical thinking, sound clinical judgment, comprehensive health assessment skills, and patient-centred care. Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration) at Charles Darwin University (CDU) Australia is a professionally accredited course that meets the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) qualification criterion for registration as a Division 1 nurse in Australia. What this means is international students completing this course can apply for Nursing Registration upon completion of the course and become a registered nurse in Australia. What is more advantageous is that interested students from different academic backgrounds willing to start their career in the Nursing field can also apply for and study Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration) at Charles Darwin University.
Studying Master of Nursing Practice (pre-registration) at CDU
CDU is recognised as one of an elite global group of ‘rising stars’ by Times Higher Education. There are several advantages to studying the Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration) at CDU. Some of them are listed below-
- CDU offers high-quality education at affordable fees.
- CDU provides complete supervised clinical placements (800 hours minimum) across the two years of the course in a variety of health care settings.
- Students are eligible to register under AHPRA.
What you will study
Master of Nursing Practice (pre-registration) at CDU is a 160 credit point course that consists of fifteen core units. Compulsory core units totalling 160 credit points are detailed below-
- NUR530 Science for Nursing Practice
- NUR531 Indigenous Health and Social Justice
- NUR532 Professional Practice
- NUR533 Practice Experience 1
- NUR534 Primary Health Care
- NUR535 Bioscience for Nursing Practice
- NUR536 Communication, Health Informatics, and Technology
- NUR537 Practice Experience 2
- NUR538 Mental Health
- NUR539 Contemporary Nursing Practice 1
- NUR540 Research for Healthcare Practice
- NUR541 Practice Experience 3
- NUR542 Contemporary Nursing Practice 2
- NUR543 Leadership in Clinical Practice
- NUR600 Practice Experience 4 (20 credit points)
For more information, please visit https://www.cdu.edu.au/study/master-nursing-practice-pre-registration-snppr1-2021#!course-structure.
Career Opportunities after completing the Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration) at CDU
Graduates of the Master of Nursing (pre-registration) course meet the education criterion to apply for registration as a Division 1 Nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Possible career opportunities for registered nurses are in public and private health settings and specialty areas such as mental health, community health, acute and chronic care.
Requirements, intake dates, and location
Academic requirements- Successful completion of a recognised bachelor’s degree or equivalent international qualification.
- IELTS Academic Module – A minimum overall score of 7.0 with no band less than 7.0.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Module – A minimum overall pass of 65 and 65 across all modules (reading, writing, speaking, and listening).
- TOEFL internet-based test (IBT)- A minimum overall score of 94 and a minimum 24 for listening, 24 for reading, 27 for writing, and 23 for speaking.
Intake – February
Locations – CDU Sydney, Casuarina Campus
Fees and Scholarships
The indicative annual fee for 2021 for a full-time study of 80 credit points is AUD 32,850.40.
- CDU Summer Semester 2020 Scholarship 10% for the first two Semesters
- Vice Chancellor’s International High Achiever’s Scholarship (VCIHAS) 50% and 25% per year
- Global Excellence 50% first-year then 10% subsequent years.
- Global Leader 25% first-year then 10% subsequent years.
For more information on available scholarships, please visit https://www.cdu.edu.au/international/how-apply/scholarships