The Master of Leadership and Management in Education is one of the University of Newcastle’s most highly regarded postgraduate degrees. Designed to enhance teaching quality and equip graduates with comprehensive leadership skills, this degree aims to provide an international perspective and educational equity.
Studying at the University of Newcastle
University of Newcastle’s School of Education is ranked Top 150 in the world for Education (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020, ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2020). Aspiring international students should consider studying this degree at the University of Newcastle because:
- Students can apply their knowledge, course learning and skills directly to their organisation
- The program incorporates knowledge from multiple academic disciplines to provide aspiring leaders with a breadth of knowledge across architecture, nursing, engineering, creative industries and more.
- The University of Newcastle’s advanced online learning system provides students with flexibility and support to study anytime. There is an option to complete this degree entirely online.
- The international recognition of this program means graduates can pursue career opportunities anywhere in the world.
- Students graduate with high-level management and leadership in guiding and education students.
What you will study
The duration of the degree is 1-year full time and consists of the following study areas.
- Sustaining Strategic Leadership
- Building High-Quality Learning Environments
- Leading for Learning
- Research and School Transformation
In addition to the core courses, international students can choose to enhance their knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- Educational Leadership and ICT
- Research Methodology
- School Leadership Research
- Leading and Managing Educational Change
Graduates of the Master of Leadership and Management in Education from the University of Newcastle expand their career opportunities by developing advanced-level skills in leadership and management excellence in education. Positioned to lead educational excellence, some of the career outcomes for graduates are:
- School principal, deputy or assistant principal
- Headteacher or leading teacher
- Organizational leaders
- Educational administrators
- Curriculum development & leaders
- Education policy and advisory roles
Requirements, intake dates and location
All applicants must possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teacher, educational manager or comparable experience and either of the following qualifications and/or experience
- Bachelor Degree in education/teaching, or
- Graduate Certificate in education/teaching, or
- Diploma in education/teaching with a minimum of 10 years of teaching.
English Requirement: IELTS score of overall 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 or equivalent
Intake: Semester 1 and Semester 2
Location: Newcastle City and Online
Fee and Scholarship
The 2020 indicative yearly program fee is AUD 32,400 (based on a full-year full-time load of 80 units).
For information on available scholarships, visit the link