The Master of IT at the Central Queensland University is structured to provide students with the leading-edge theory and chance at hands-on practical experience to prepare students for a successful IT career. It is further designed to expand the professional knowledge and skills of the students in IT.
Studying a Master of IT at CQUniversity
Professionally recognized by the Australian Computer Society (ACS), Master of IT at the CQUniversity has all its units aligned to the ACS core body of knowledge. Some of the advantages of studying for Master of IT in CQUniversity are as follows-
CQUniversity offers specialty majors that focus on mobile application development, software design and development, and networks and information security, supported by an available minor in Project and Program Management.
- The course provides a detailed insight into managing the technical, organizational, and economic issues involved in managing information technology (IT) resources and systems.
- CQUniversity has top-class educators dedicated to catering to the academics needs of students
- CQUniversity has a Student Mentor Program tailored to the needs of students for a smooth transition into University life.
What you will study
Master of IT at CQUniversity is a 2-years full-time and 4-years part-time course with 25 units and 96 credits. It consists of the following key study areas-
- Mobile application development
- Software design and development
- Networks and information security
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Information system and analysis
- Internet of things
- Mobile application and development
- Network and information security
- Project management
- Software design and development
IT is a booming industry, and with CQUniversity’s expertise in work-integrated learning and industry-aligned courses, students will have plenty of opportunities to start a promising career. The following are the fields of work the students can choose from:
- Analyst Programmer
- Computer Network Systems Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Developer Programmer
- ICT Architect
- ICT Consultant
- ICT Customer Support Officer
- ICT Security Specialist
- ICT Support Engineer
- ICT Support Technician
- ICT Systems Test Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Project Manager
- Software And Apps Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Web Developer
Requirements, Intakes and Locations
- A completed Bachelor degree in any discipline from an Australian University or college, or equivalent; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Diploma of Information Systems, or equivalent; or
- A completed CQUniversity Graduate Diploma of Information Technology, or equivalent.
- IELTS- An overall score of 6 with an individual band score not less than 5.5
- TOEFL(Internet-based test)- overall score of 75 with no score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English Academic: Overall score of 54 with no score less than 46
The course is offered in Term 1, Term 2, and Term 3 intakes.
Students can choose to study at CQUniversity Brisbane, Melbourne, Rockhampton or Sydney campuses. The course is also available online.
The indicative annual fee is AUD 32,310.
CQUniversity strongly believes in awarding scholarships to high academic performance as well as enables better access to the students for them to reach their full potential. Every year the University funds approximately AUD 24 million worth of scholarships to international students. Some of the most popular scholarships for international students are-
International Student Scholarship (ISS)
The International Student Scholarship (ISS) is available to all new international vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic coursework students who meet the academic criteria at CQUniversity Australia. The scholarship is valued at 25% and is available for the duration of the course. More information can be found on here https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/future-students/scholarships/offerings/international-student-scholarship
International Student Scholarship – Regional (ISS–R)
The International Student Scholarship – Regional (ISS – Regional) is available to all new vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic coursework students studying at a regional campus. The scholarship is valued at 25% and is available for the duration of the course. More information can be found here https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/future-students/scholarships/offerings/international-student-scholarship-regional
Destination Australia Scholarship
This scholarship is available to new international students studying at the CQUniversity’s regional Rockhampton campus. If successful, students will be awarded A$15 000 per year for the duration of your course. The Students could also be eligible for an additional 25% of their tuition fee scholarship through the ISS – Regional. For more information, please visit https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/future-students/scholarships/offerings/destination-australia-scholarships